Retreat dates – 5th – 8th March 2019
DAY ONE: 5th March
- Check into the Ashram Student House
- 5pm Yoga
- Evening prayer
Lunch and Dinner can be on your own at Ojas Prana cafe and payed for on the day. Ashram costume will be supplied on orientation session and consist of a 2 sarongs, male beads and one t shirt.
DAY TWO: 6th March (New Moon)
- 7am Morning walking meditation (wiswa)
- 9am breakfast
- Discussion and preparation for Nyepi Day
- 5pm – Ubud town centre for the Ogoh Ogoh parade
- Return to Ashram after the parade (9-10pm)
- Late evening prayer together to begin silence and fasting
- Midnight silence and fasting begins
DAY THREE: 7th March
Nyepi Day – Silence and Fasting
- 5am (Sunrise) meditation and Japa
- walking meditation
- rest and wash
- Karma yoga (sweeping the grounds or general cleaning)
- 12am (Midday) prayer, meditation and japa
- rest and wash
- Afternoon walking meditation
- 6pm (Sunset) prayer, meditation and japa
- 7pm meditation
- Rest or open fast
- Midnight meditation and japa
On this evening of the Nyepi day locals and guest participants are recommended to sleep in the ashram grounds and inner sanctum of the ashram with a yoga mat, small pillow and blanket or cover of your choice. Locals will be dressed in ashram attire and sleep in their ashram attire on the floor. Sleeping bags allowed.
DAY FOUR: 8th March
- 5am Closing Ceremony and Agni Hotra – gather together at the inner sanctum for the closing ceremony and Agni Hotra with the Guru of the Ashram.
- Talking and singing commences when the bell is rung.
- Rest or check out
If you are on a fruit fast or vegetarian fast meals can be taken after prayer. The Guru will give blessings during the retreat which could be anytime during the Nyepi days.