ASHRAM MUNIVARA NYEPI DAY OF SILENCE
Ashram Munivara will have a day of silence and fasting for Nyepi. Those wishing to join must check into the ashram at the latest on the 5th March before 2pm. This is to make sure that we can discuss with you about the day of Nyepi and orientate yourself.
DAY ONE: 4th or 5th March
- Check into the Ashram Student House
- 5pm Yoga
- Dinner on your own at Ojas Prana cafe and payed for on the day.
DAY TWO: 6th March (New Moon)
- 7am Morning walking meditation (wiswa)
- 9am breakfast
- Preparation for Nyepi Day
Ogoh Ogoh parade: starts around 5/6pm, participants can go to Ubud town centre for the Ogoh Ogoh parade (transport is not included). The parade starts at the Ubud football field and Please Return to Ashram after the parade has finished (around 9-10pm).
- 10/10:30pm: Late evening prayer together to begin silence and fasting
- 12 Midnight: silence and fasting begins
DAY THREE: 7th March
Nyepi Day – Silence and Fasting
- 5am (Sunrise) meditation and Japa
- walking meditation
- rest and wash
- Karma yoga (sweeping the grounds or general cleaning)
- 12am (Midday) prayer, meditation and japa
- rest and was
- Afternoon walking meditation
- 6pm (Sunset) prayer, meditation and japa
- 7pm meditation
- Rest or open fast
- Midnight meditation and japa
On this evening of the Nyepi day locals and guest participants are recommended to sleep in the ashram grounds and inner sanctum of the ashram with a yoga mat, small pillow and blanket or cover of your choice. Locals will be dressed in ashram attire and sleep in their ashram attire on the floor. Sleeping bags allowed.
DAY FOUR: 8th March
- 5am Closing Ceremony and Agni Hotra – gather together at the inner sanctum for the closing ceremony and Agni Hotra with the Guru of the Ashram. Talking and singing commences when the bell is rung.
- Rest or check out
If you are on a fruit fast or vegetarian fast meals have to be arranged by yourself and can be taken after prayer times. The Guru will give blessings during the Day of Nyepi which could be anytime.